HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Gov. Dannel P. Malloy says he will seek $3.2 billion from the federal government to improve the state's infrastructure following damage from a series of hard-hitting storms.
The governor says Connecticut may not have been affected as severely as New York or New Jersey by Superstorm Sandy, but the state suffered significant damage from that storm as well as Hurricane Irene and the snow storm that hit in October of last year.
He says the three storms combined caused more than $1 billion in damage to the state.
The bulk of the money requested by the governor would go toward upgrading power transmission systems, moving power lines underground and other infrastructure improvements.
Malloy said he informed the state's congressional delegation Thursday of his plans to submit the requests.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Did you like this article? Vote it up or down! And don't forget to add your comments below!
northlander41 | November 30 2012 9:44am
And the federal funds will be used for hiding the spending recklessness of the CT Democrats for a while to come - until after the Governor is reelected - and not for infrastructure. The Democrat way to buy votes, mislead gullible voters - to grow their power at the expense of the CT taxpayers..
Add a Comment
Sign in or join now to post a comment. All comments will display your username and avatar.