HARTFORD, Conn. (WTNH)-- Governor Malloy said he's disappointed and angered that police details about Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza were leaked to a New York newspaper this week and now he wants details about that information to be shared with state lawmakers working on new laws in reaction to the shooting.
No one believes the head of the Connecticut State Police did this on purpose but almost everyone is unhappy about it.
"I've asked that they respond and share that information, which can be shared, no later that a week from Friday," said Governor Dannel Malloy.
That request goes to State Police Commander Danny Stebbins and the State's Attorney in the Sandy Hook case.
This comes following "The New York Daily News" story, revealing that Connecticut State Police have found that Sandy Hook Shooter, Adam Lanza, kept a huge and detailed spreadsheet about mass murders that indicated he had been planning something for years.
It has brought about bi-partisan condemnation from political leaders at the State Capitol.
Condemnation of Stebbins, who is clearly the source of the story. A story that followed a presentation by Stebbins at a law enforcement gathering in New Orleans, aimed at helping other states avoid mass shootings.
It was supposed to be confidential.
Some state law makers are miffed that they are being asked to write laws in reaction to Sandy Hook and don't have all the information that's available.
"We don't expect law enforcement to divulge any information that would compromise a criminal investigation, but they have a responsibility to share with us as much information as they can to help us craft this legislation," said Rep. Larry Cafero, (R) Minority Leader.
"This information is going to come out at some point in time and I don't believe that it should be, on the one hand, shared with other police chiefs in Louisiana, but not shared with the people of Connecticut," said Sen. Don Williams, (D) Senate President Pro Tem.
Stebbins has declined our request for an interview, but has told at least one lawmaker that he regrets that the story got out and has reached out to the Sandy Hook families.
"I'm upset that twenty-six families that lost loved ones may be reading in the papers about things that they haven't been told from Connecticut state officials," said Sen. John McKinney, (R) Minority Leader.
On Friday some of the Newtown Families are planning to go to the State Capitol to deliver a letter to the legislative leadership asking for a vote on a comprehensive gun safety package including a ban on the possession of high capacity ammuntion magazines.
Copyright 2013 WTNH TV. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Did you like this article? Vote it up or down! And don't forget to add your comments below!